Partner Agency COVID Updates
Read about important updates & opportunities for OFB partners. Sign up
others to receive the newsletter.
Well folks, we've officially been at this for a month. I'd like to stop and take a moment to reflect on all that's been accomplished in four weeks. How many people we've served. The lives saved because of social distancing. We're far from the end, but we're finding our rhythm in this new normal and the impact of our collective work will be felt for many weeks, months, and likely years.
Thank you for your commitment to health, safety and ending hunger!
Your Regional Network Team
Purchasing: Whether for Food to Buy or Purchased Staples, we're finding a rapidly changing food supply chain. We're working to get many orders of the same product in place so we have a stream of food coming in and minimize disruption. You are likely noticing how quickly Food to Buy is moving with a very quick outflow of product to the Network and a much slower inflow for replacing inventory.
We do have a lot of products on order and we're hoping that we'll get items to land as close to original estimates as possible. We are working with vendors to rush as much as possible but the system is in flux and demand has increased across the country and manufacturers are working to keep up, all while managing COVID-19 themselves.
TEFAP: As you likely are aware$400 million dollars was recently allotted to TEFAP by way of the first of two COVID-19 Response Acts.. From this first round of funding Oregon received about $5.11 million - $3..8 for purchasing and $1.28 for administrative funds. Foods acquired from these funds will start to arrive in June/July. (Note: these funds are for purchasing for the Statewide network - the tri-county area receives a portion of the food purchased with these funds.)
The OFB Food Resourcing team is working hard to fill these gaps and maintain as much continuity in our operations as possible.
Please join me in giving them a virtual round of applause!
- Food Safety and Coronavirus: What do you need to know when it comes to receiving, distributing and shopping for food? Click here for resources and FAQs.
- Updates to hours/operations: What service are you offering and when next week? Please fill out our form again to let us know of what your hours are/will be and any changes to the type of service you're able to offer. Click here to fill out the form.
- Agency Contact Info Center - This is where you can check to see that we have all the correct contact information for your program, and update it as staffing changes and volunteers rotate in/out. If we can't contact you, we can't help you!
- Please remember to complete your monthly reports! Now, more than ever, data from the last few weeks will be crucial to future requests for food, funding and support.
- All other announcements, updates, dock changes, etc are located on our main Coronavirus page, here.
Most importantly, thank you for your continued work and dedication in this uncertain moment. Whether your site is remaining open or has closed, we know neither is a decision you've taken lightly. We're in this together, and together we know we will all Emerge Stronger!
Social Distancing at Your Site
- Designating a Health & Safety Captain
- Proper hand washing
- Disinfecting surfaces
- Social distancing
- Mask wearing
You can use this to train staff and volunteers - either email to them in advance or ask them to review on their phones when they arrive for their shift.
Oregon Department of Human Services is issuing emergency SNAP supplements to many households to help buy food during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- If your monthly SNAP benefit is less than the maximum amount for your household, you will get a supplemental benefit up to the maximum SNAP amount for your household size.
- If you already get the maximum SNAP benefit, you will not get extra SNAP.
- Extra SNAP will be added to EBT cards in April and May, the first distribution will be this Friday, April 10th and the second distribution will be May 8th.
- Additional distribution dates at the end of April and May will occur for new SNAP applicants that were certified after the earlier distribution dates or for any households that were missed in the initial distribution.
We want to acknowledge and lift all who are, or will be, observing seasonal celebrations, likely in new or different ways this year.
Spring Equinox (March 20)
Passover (April 8-16)
Easter (April 12)
Ramadan (April 23-May 23)
May your observances and celebrations be meaningful in whatever form they take!
Free Webinar: Fundraising During a Pandemic
Thursday, April 23rd
Join Sally Dadmun Bixy from Philanthropy Studio LLC in this online session on how to fundraise during the COVID-19 pandemic.
About this Event
Over the last couple weeks our world has changed dramatically. And our need to raise money for our missions is more important than ever. During this 90 minute online session with fundraising teacher, Sally Dadmun Bixby, we will explore these topics using examples of successful campaigns:
- How to launch a campaign during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Creating a campaign that is thoughtful and makes sense to your mission
- Tips for engaging in thoughtful conversations with donors during a time that requires great sensitivity
- Messaging and communicating with your constituents
- Involving your board and volunteers
- Planning ahead to when we return to “normal” tips for creating a development plan
*Please register as an Online Attendee and the link to join will be sent to your email address the week of April 20th. Thank you!