Tips from the City of Gresham’s Sustainability and Solid Waste Team
From our colleagues at the City of Gresham’s Sustainability and Solid Waste Team:
As we continue to learn how to best help support you in your work, we wanted to reach out with some best practices we’ve learned from previous weather events to help keep the flow of food moving.
- Do a dry run of your generator
- Reach out to clientele and ask if they can come to the pantry before the storm to stock up, so they don’t have to come during the storm
- Do you have a skeleton crew that can keep your site running for those in an emergency during the weather event?
- Have you checked in with your plow crew or volunteers about how digging out will work?
- Connect with your food donor groceries / stores and come up with a plan to flow food during the storm. What makes sense / what does not? What could they move before or hold onto until after the storm?