Network Equity & Racial Justice Team has some fancy new competencies!
This flyer uses the acronym JEDI to mean Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. PDF for download is attached below.
|JEDI Knowledge & Commitment|
- ability to analyze systems, their effects, and a commitment to changing these systems
- in-depth knowledge of histories and experiences of groups experiencing oppression
Includes use of:
- collaborative decision-making
- equitable program design & evaluation
-creating a vision for a more just future
|Self-Awareness, Self-Care, & Commitment to Ongoing Growth|
- self-awareness of one's own social location, identity, and group memberships
- practicing self-care
- practicing sustainable work modes
- commitment to continuous learning, unlearning, and relearning
|Strategic, Equitable, & Relational Leadership|
- relationship builder
- complexity navigator
- knowledge of community & group dynamics
-identifying and eliminating barriers to achieving JEDI
-creating resilient communities that never know hunger
Image description: a flyer with four boxes, two green, two grey. Fruits and lavender accents.