UPDATED MASK GUIDANCE FROM OHA
UPDATED 5/25: Added information about outdoor distributions and links to additional FAQs.
This afternoon, the Oregon Health Authority issued revised mask guidance documents that directly pertain to food pantries and meal sites that are open to the public. Please read all of these documents carefully:
- Interim Guidance for Fully Vaccinated Individuals
- FAQ - Fully Vaccinated Individuals
- Statewide Reopening Guidance - Masks, Face Coverings and Face Shields
- FAQ - Mask Guidelines
For information in languages other than English, please visit the OHA Mask Requirements homepage.
You may simply choose to continue enforcing the mask and distancing requirements at your agency.
- If you do not want to have to verify people's vaccination status, you are allowed to maintain a policy requiring masking and physical distancing for all visitors to your site. If you choose to continue enforcing these policies, you must post clear signs about these policies in applicable languages.
If you choose to allow fully-vaccinated people to enter without a mask, you must verify their vaccination status.
- This includes agency staff and volunteers.
- People who cannot prove that they are fully vaccinated may only enter if they wear a mask, face covering, or face shield.
- If you do not have a policy for checking proof of vaccination, you are required to continue to apply the mask and physical distancing requirements to all visitors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Please take careful note of the definitions of "fully vaccinated individual" and "proof of vaccination status" in the Interim Guidance document.
The state no longer requires masks outdoors.
- However, OHA strongly recommends that unvaccinated individuals continue to wear masks in outdoor crowded areas and large gatherings.
As with indoor sites, you may choose to continue enforcing mask and distancing requirements at your outdoor site.
- The guidance specifically allows you to continue requiring masks at your outdoor site, even though it is no longer a statewide requirement.
- You should post clear signage in all pertinent languages communicating these requirements.
If you choose to allow unmasked individuals at your outdoor site, you do not need to verify their vaccination status.
It is our understanding that food pantries and congregate meal sites are included in the category of "businesses, employers and faith institutions."
Shelters for people experiencing homelessness have their own OHA guidance. This guidance has not been updated as of the time of this post. If you operate such an agency and have questions about the new mask guidelines, please contact OHA directly.
Other types of agencies should check the sector specific guidance for any changes to the guidance for your agency type.
If your agency has paid staff, please ensure you are fully compliant with the latest Oregon OSHA COVID-19 guidance.