Indoor & Outdoor Mask Requirements Reinstated Statewide (UPDATED Aug. 24)
Masks are required indoors Statewide, effective August 13, 2021 (update: masks are also required in most outdoor settings effective August 24)"Individuals, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask, face covering or face shield when in an indoor space; and (i)n an oudtoor space if the individuals cannot or do not consistently maintain at least seix feet of distance from individuals not in their household."
- There are some exceptions, such as for people who are actively eating. For the full list of exceptions, see the full text of the rule.
- Ensure that employees, contractors, and volunteers comply with this rule within the indoor space.
- Make reasonable efforts to ensure customers, guests, visitors and other individuals comply with this rule within the indoor space.
- Post signs at every entrance to the indoor space that face coverings are required as described in this rule.
A person responsible for an outdoor space must:
- Post signs at every entrance to the outdoor space that masks, face coverings or face shields are required as described in this rule .
What does this mean for partner agencies and programs?
Everyone is required to wear a mask at a meal site except when they are actively eating or drinking.Agencies & programs must attempt to make reasonable modifications or accommodations for clients who claim they cannot wear a mask due to a disability.
- However, such a modification or accommodation must not put others at risk of exposure to COVID. They could consider serving the client outside, or arranging for a delivery (if that is a service that they offer).
- "Reasonable efforts" do not extend to anything that puts the safety of staff, volunteers, or clients at risk.