- This is for your information-this product may have come in through local donations or Fresh Alliance
- Direct link to recall: https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/potential-foreign-object-recall-lake-champlain-chocolates-issues-voluntary-recall-selected-milk
- This product was distributed nationwide.
Lake Champlain Chocolates (LCC) is issuing a public alert and a voluntary recall on select LCC milk chocolate products from a determined best-by date range for potential foreign objects. LCC is issuing this recall after a consumer reported finding brittle plastic pieces in a finished product. After initial investigations and out of an abundance of caution, LCC is voluntarily recalling all potential affected product currently on the market from July 2020 through January 2021. To date, no consumers have reported adverse health effects due to this contamination.
Affected products include:
- HazelnutExternal Link Disclaimer Five Star Bar
- Fruit & NutExternal Link Disclaimer Five Star Bar
- AlmondExternal Link Disclaimer Five Star Bar
- GranolaExternal Link Disclaimer Five Star Bar
- Organic Milk Chocolate Bar with Sea Salt & AlmondsExternal Link Disclaimer
- Milk Chocolate Almond Bark
- Chocolates of Vermont Green MountainExternal Link Disclaimer
These products can be found within a variety of other gift packages, boxes and baskets. Please refer to the document at the end of this release for a detailed list of all affected products and associated Best By Dates.
These products were distributed through retailers and distributors across all fifty states and in the company’s three Vermont retail stores.
The FDA has been informed of this voluntary recall and will post this notice on their website.
LCC is asking customers to discontinue use and immediately dispose of any products listed above. Customers can find the Best By Date near the UPC code on the package. For any additional questions or concerns please email email@example.com.
Lake Champlain Chocolates is committed to quality products and consumer safety and is taking aggressive corrective action to prevent the need for any future recalls of its products. It emphasizes that no other LCC products or batch codes were affected.
Lake Champlain Chocolates apologizes for any inconvenience to its consumers and customers.
David McMullen | Regulatory Compliance Officer | OREGON FOOD BANK | Office 503.505.7033-Cell 971.207.9119 | firstname.lastname@example.org
OFB’s mission: To eliminate hunger and its root causes...because no one should be hungry
"TO LIVE WITHOUT HOPE IS TO CEASE TO LIVE" Fyodor Dostoevsky
IF IT'S NOT DOCUMENTED, IT'S NOT DONE!
At Oregon Food Bank, we are deeply honored by the trust our community has in us. We return this gift of trust by respecting confidentiality, privacy and by observing our policies regarding the use of electronic data and technology. Our policy reminds us all that files stored on, or transmitted to or from, these devices are the property of Oregon Food Bank. For more information, questions or concerns, please contact our Equity, People, Culture and Administration team.